Director of Operations - East Region
**This position is home office based. Candidates are not required to live in a specific location, although being based in or around the Northeastern United States is preferred**
The Director of Operations will direct the overall operational activities of multiple restaurants primarily within the Northeastern United States, working with the Area Business Managers, the Regional Vice President, and Regional HR Manager to achieve operational results. This leader will drive the achievement of operational and financial measurements.
Furthermore, the Director of Operations will develop high performing restaurant management teams while ensuring knowledge and adherence to corporate administrative processes, policies and procedures. The Director of Operations will also take a leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance to ENRGI objectives. It is expected the Director of Operations will effectively plan, design, develop and evaluate human resource-related needs and actively recruit and develop key leaders for the organization.
- Communication of ENRGI’s vision and ideology. Ensuring that the values of the company are communicated and understood at all levels, clarifying the expected behavior of all employees.
- Direct the execution of operational plans, ensuring restaurants operate business in the most efficient and effective manner possible while delivering optimum results. Accountable for the financial performance and measurements of assigned area.
- Ensure region meets or exceeds operational goals for all key performance measurements to include, but not limited to Sales, Transactions, GIFT, Cleanliness, Speed of Service, Order Accuracy, Product Availability, Controllable Labor, etc.
- Review operational reports to monitor key performance measurements and analyze business trends; develop and implement plans to support assigned area to meet or exceed such measurements.
- Lead team to maximize sales and profit results; increase sales growth and transactions, generate cash flow and ensure appropriate return on assets and investments, and manage operating budget to ensure cost-effective operations.
- Manage the execution and measurement of results for assigned strategic, operational plans and organizational objectives. Provide support to area during execution of initiatives, ensure operational excellence and business results, ensure plans are executed within established guidelines, and follow up to ensure accountability to plans.
- Responsible through audits, field visits, reports, and action plan management.
- Coach and mentor management teams through conference calls, P&L reviews, quarterly reviews, team meetings, on the job training and performance development.
- Responsible to clearly define and communicate expectations and ensure managers are held accountable to results. Communicate with restaurant managers on a regular basis and provide feedback. Ensure the teams receive the support required to be successful; identify, communicate and resolve field operational issues and problems.
- Oversee area staffing and retention on a regular basis to ensure future staffing needs are met.
- Responsible for all areas of performance management for direct reports; determine goals, provide coaching and development, conduct performance reviews, create career development plans and prepare managers for succession planning opportunities.
- Participate in required conference calls and attend required area and Company meetings.
- Interact with other Directors of Operations to share ideas and formulate strategies for current and future operations and to plan for operational initiatives.
- Manage teams through unusual or unexpected events to keep area operating to standard.
- Participate in projects and Company initiatives as assigned.
Additional Required Responsibilities:
- Ensure a great experience for all guests
- Greet all guests with a smile and friendly attitude
- Uphold all ENRGI standards, guidelines, and policies
- Must work varied hours/days as business dictate
- Weekends may be required based on restaurant or region needs
- Must be knowledgeable of and familiar with all products offered
- Must read, count, and accurately complete documentation
- Must follow recipes and standards according to ENRGI guidelines
- Must be available to start shifts at early hours (4am-7am depending on restaurant)
- Must be familiar with federal and state employment and safety regulations
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be age 18 or older
- High school degree required
- 5 – 10 years as a general manager, multi-unit, or district manager within the food service, hospitality or retail industry
- Must have general knowledge of general ledgers, P&L’s, ordering and receiving
- Experience with OSHA, EEOC, FMLA, FLSA, and Health Department matters
- Ability to communicate will both in oral and written formats
- Demonstrated success leading, coaching, and developing employees
- Must be able to travel overnight and 60-75% of the time.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- College degree in business or restaurant management preferred
- Food industry experience strongly preferred
- Previous remote location management experience preferred
- Prefer someone with experiencing supervising multiple units
- Responsible for giving direction to 3 – 6 Area Business Managers
- Manage a geographic region with approximately 70 restaurants
Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. is a leading company in the quick casual restaurant industry that operates and licenses locations primarily under the Einstein Bros.® and Noah's New York Bagels® brands and primarily franchises locations under the Manhattan Bagel® brand. The Company's retail system consists of more than 850 restaurants in 43 states and the District of Columbia. It also operates a dough production facility. Visitwww.einsteinnoah.com for additional information.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are applying on a mobile device please download one of the below apps to complete your videos. Once you have downloaded the app, be sure to open the app, sign in and search the job you are interested in.