Staff Accountant - Lakewood, CO
The Staff Accountant will assist in store level general accounting and month end close responsibilities. This will include preparing journal entries, analyzing accounts, and providing support to all company owned stores.
- Perform assigned journal entries and analysis as part of month end closing.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts and ensure integrity of balances, including reconciliation between subsystems and general ledger.
- Process and analyze store sales and inventory to ensure accuracy.
- Reconcile store invoices.
- Support stores in achieving financial goals and understanding.
- Assist with cash management and reporting.
- Support gift card programs.
- Create daily/weekly/periodic reports.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over areas of responsibility, and ensure compliance with SOX.
- Interact with our external auditors.
- Assist with additional projects on an ad-hoc basis at the direction of the Store Accounting Manager, Director of Accounting or Chief Accounting Officer.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing goals and delivering related results as needed.
- Work with all levels of the organization including obtaining information from peers.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance.
- 1 - 2 year’s work experience in a related field/role.
- Self-motivated, time efficient and proactive.
- Strong work ethic - ability to prioritize and work in a demanding detail-oriented environment.
- Strong ethical standards.
- Enthusiastic team player willing to assist others where necessary.
- Advanced skills in Excel and Access.
- Comfortable working in multiple systems.
Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. is a leading company in the quick casual restaurant industry that operates and licenses locations primarily under the Einstein Bros.® and Noah's New York Bagels® brands and primarily franchises locations under the Manhattan Bagel® brand. The Company's retail system consists of more than 770 restaurants in 39 states and the District of Columbia. It also operates a dough production facility. Visit www.einsteinnoah.com for additional information.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are applying on a mobile device please download one of the below apps to complete your videos. Once you have downloaded the app, be sure to open the app, sign in and search the job you are interested in.